Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 4, 2015 - Day 2 of the Welfare Food Challenge

Today actually went okay. What I did was split up breakfast into two smaller portions (so 1/4 of an apple, 1/2 banana and 2 tbsp of cottage cheese) and had the first early (around 7:30 am) and the second around 10:30. Then lunch of an egg salad sandwich and a small chunk of carrot (~50 gm or so - which is hardly anything). For dinner I had lentils and oven roasted potatoes that were seasoned with salt, pepper, oil (about 2 tbsp) and chopped fresh rosemary.

I know we are not supposed to eat from a garden but the rosemary is from the yard (not garden!) of a neighbour down the street and I know when I was on a walk about downtown today with renowned urban planner Brent Toderian (and other members of the Greater Victoria Placemaking Network and the Greater Victoria Cycling Coalition) I saw rosemary growing in planters outside a cafe right on Government Street. So I respectfully assert that if you want rosemary for your potatoes you can find it for free in Victoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly please!