Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 3, 2015 - Day 1 of the Welfare Food Challenge

When is being sick (as in sore throat, congestion, fatigue and a lack of interest in anything but sleep) a good thing? When you have to cut back on eating. I woke up yesterday (Monday, November 2) feeling kind of yucky - sore throat and a bit feverish - but had stuff to do so shrugged it off. By 6:00 pm on Monday I was shivering, my throat was throbbing and I went to bed at 8:00 pm and slept through till about 6:00 am when I got up to send some emails regarding activities I had planned which I now bailed on.

So my first day of the challenge has been fine since I didn't feel like eating much. I did have coffee once my throat had stopped protesting too much and I've also eaten a mandarin orange and 1/4 of an apple, 1/2 a banana and 2 tbsp of cottage cheese. I've cooked the lentils and will do the potatoes later this evening. For dinner I'm going to have a toasted egg salad sandwich and 1/4 of an apple, 1/2 a banana and 2 tbsp of cottage cheese for dessert. I am also trying something a bit novel (inspired by Cinda Chavich author of the Waste Not, Want Not cookbook). In the picture below you'll see banana peels, orange peel and apple cores being boiled with a dash of cinnamon - it produces a slightly sweet drink that I hope will help to keep hunger pangs away a bit. I may also chop the (stewed) banana peels up and add them to the lentils. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly please!