Thursday, May 1, 2014

Medical Faculty Masquerade Party

The International Health master's program that I am doing is part of the Medical Faculty here at Uppsala University and in early April we had a party where we all were supposed to wear masks. Actually decorating (and in some cases making from scratch) the masks turned out to be great fun. Mine got a little bit out of control and I ended up looking like a Mexican wrestler which was not quite the effect I was going for. Still, it was surprisingly enjoyable making/decorating the masks and many of us mentioned how we'd like to do creative things more often. Need to make that happen when I am back in Canada - but will try to avoid more Mexican wrestler masks.

Some of the first year students from our program making/decorating their masks

Sofie (centre of picture) my classmate with her elegantly simple mask

Mask decorating in full swing

My rather ridiculous and garish mask

Sulochana's (classmate from Nepal) much more tasteful and classy mask

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly please!