Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Brain and pen for hire

In a little over 8 weeks the two remaining courses in the first year of the International Health Master's course will finish and I will be looking at three months of summer stretching ahead of me. I am going to do some touring around Europe - after all who knows when I will be this way again - but I would very much like to also make a little bit of money. Perhaps even more crucially I want to explore the International Health field with two purposes in mind - confirm what I am good at (some clues are in the title of this post) and should dig deeper into for the future (in terms of employment) as well as get some inspiration for my master's thesis which I need to have a firm idea about by the time school begins again in September 2013.

I have pretty much concluded that I need to work virtually this summer but perhaps that is a misconception on my part. On Thursday I'll be heading with several of my classmates to the Global Health Beyond 2015 event in Stockholm. Unfortunately I'm not well prepared - no stock of business cards at hand or resumes to give out. But I am hoping that perhaps I will have a chance encounter (or knowing me a purposeful one since I'm hardly shy) with someone/some organization that will show me a path to pursue. Wish me luck and if you know of someone who'd like to hire me to produce literature reviews, read and summarize research on global health topics all while keeping the coffee coming and providing home-baked treats drop me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly please!